Friday, March 25, 2016

The value of money

I am a firm believer in not reinventing the wheel. Maybe it's because I am lazy. Maybe it's because I am smart. I would like to believe the latter. I also believe that a picture can say a thousand words. In a post yesterday, I posted the following image and commented on the futility of running after money one's entire life. Since I love that image and will use any excuse to reproduce it, here it is. 


But hey, make no mistake, money is important. For someone who doesn't have enough to make ends meet or doesn't know where the next meal is coming from, it is the most important thing in life. Money first, everything else second. Even health.

But for those of us who are reading this blog, it would be a fair to assume that we have won the ovarian lottery and are not in the dire condition mentioned above. But do we have enough money? Heck no. Well then, how much IS enough money? I don't know. Firstly, is there something at all like too much money? Hmmm…How long do we postpone what we really want in life for the sake of earning money? Is there a way out of the rat race? I can't claim to know all the answers. And no, living without the finest things in life is not an option for me. So, that means extreme frugal living is not an option. But like I said, there is no point in reinventing the wheel. Luckily for me, and for you too if you too are interested in finding out these answers, people much smarter than us have pondered over these questions since ages. And done a damn fine job with the answers too. At least some of them.

I will do a series of posts on one such person and his solutions in the next few days. These posts are for my benefit but if you, dear reader, are also more than welcome to join me in this journey. More the merrier!  


More on the guy whom I am talking about in the next post. But here's a hint: He was tortured to death. Actually it was suicide. 

Take care and good luck! 

You can follow me on twitter for latest blog updates. Also, here is the link for free subscription to the blog.

No comments: