Sunday, April 11, 2010

Apr 5 - Apr 9 completed trades








4 profits, 0 losses- +7.87%
Average Profit - +1.97%
Average Loss - 0%

Total account up 15.26% YTD (after commissions)

Open Positions: NEP 

I am pretty pleased with the way I traded this week dear readers. Or rather, the way I did not trade. I could trade only during the first three days of the week due to certain personal issues that arose in the latter half of the week. But during the time I did trade, I stuck to my resolution of not overtrading. I let the plays come to me, rather than forcing stuff to happen. I hope I can continue in the same vein and this can actually turn into a habit. But that is getting rather ahead of myself. One week does not a trading plan make. 

A lot of plays that I had mentioned broke out this week - RDN, PMI, MTG, LVS, WYNN, MGM, SWC, PAL to name a few. But the one I liked the best was NEP which I pointed out the exact day it broke. The confidence I show in this post where I point it out surprises me too :). I hope you readers were able to profit from some of these calls. Looking at the week ahead, I am mostly in cash but for NEP which reports later this week. I will try not to trade till my personal issues get sorted out, hopefully by the middle of the week. Trading when you are not in an emotionally settled place is a form of overtrading too. 

I will be back this evening with a few stocks for your watchlist.

Take care.

Note:

1) The table shows only completed trades of the week. The positions that are still open will be accounted for in the week that I close them.
2) The YTD calculation includes the open positions. I just take my account value at end of Friday and calculate it. So, it also includes commissions which do matter a lot to a small account like mine.

Which other blog reports results after commissions? :)

No comments: