Saturday, April 24, 2010

Apr 19 - Apr 23 completed trades









5 profits, 0 losses- +13.02%
Average Profit - +2.60%
Average Loss - 0%

Total account up 14.43% YTD (after commissions)

Open Positions: NEP

A satisfactory week. Any week in which you have no losses is a good week, irrespective of the size of the profits. Though I am pleased with the average profit size too. At the end of this week, I have recovered 70% of the money that I lost that Friday in AIG and RDN. Percentage vise the gains have already far overcome those losses but as the regular readers of this blog know I had decided to take smaller positions until I had recovered my confidence. Well dear readers, the confidence is back but I am going to continue to trade small until I completely recover those losses. Slow and steady is the plan here.

Also, mostly inspired by those losses, I am going to start a new section in this blog called - Well traded Sir! More on that later this evening.

Note:

1) The table shows only completed trades of the week. The positions that are still open will be accounted for in the week that I close them.
2) The YTD calculation includes the open positions. I just take my account value at end of Friday and calculate it. So, it also includes commissions which do matter a lot to a small account like mine.

Which other blog reports results after commissions? :)