Monday, February 8, 2010

Its been one hell of a ride.....

Dear Readers, I just realized its one month today since I started writing this blog. I must say I never expected it to be such a crazy ride. I was coming from over 170% gains for 2009 when I started writing this blog. Not that I had any illusions of doing as well but what I am trying to say is, I was pretty high on confidence. First two weeks of January were great. Far beyond my expectations and trading didn't seem that hard. But, then the market Gods struck. Due to one stupid mistake, which started a whole chain of events and careless trading, I suffered my worst drawdown in over a year, going from almost 10% gains for the month to a 3% loss. Here's the link to my account for the day which started this all and really shook my confidence.


Like I said, I was really in a low as far as my trading cycle was concerned at this point. But I am rather pleased with how I handled my trading when I was down in this slump. I traded small and I traded less. I stuck to this for two weeks. And then came last Friday, when just for a day, I marched with the stock Gods. 


All the experiences of the past month make it clear that I am nowhere close to being the trader I want to be and know I can be. And that's what this blog is all about. Hopefully, you readers are also benefiting from my experiences, commentary and stock picks and will continue to do so.

Which brings me to you readers. I never expected to have so many page hits when I first started this blog. I must admit that its knowing that many of you are regularly following this blog that keeps me regular with my posts (I cant believe this is the 66th post!). I would like to thank you all for your company during this journey. Hopefully, we all will continue on this path to become the best traders we can be.

Take care and Good Luck trading!

No comments: