Friday, February 12, 2010

Feb 8 - Feb 12 completed trades








5 profits, 1 loss - +15.82% 
Average Profit - +3.32%
Average Loss - -0.81%

Total account up 8.09% YTD (after commissions) - compared to up 2.9% at end of last week.

Open Positions: NEP,  RDN, LCC

I would like to start this week's review by thanking the Stock Gods for showering me with profits this week, in what was actually quite a difficult week to trade. Until last Friday, I was in the my worst trading slump for over a year. And as you regular readers might remember, I got out of the slump not by making a few great trades but by the confidence gained from not making a few trades! (For the uninitiated, please see here). So, this week I just tried to recreate how I traded last Friday and it looks like its been working. I will be writing a post this weekend on the lessons I learnt from last Friday, so I have them as reference for the next time I am in a trading slump. And trust me dear readers, the slumps will come! That's the reason one shouldn't get overconfident after a period of winnings and always stay humble in the good times.

Note:

1) The table shows only completed trades of the week. The positions that are still open will be accounted for in the week that I close them.
2) The YTD calculation includes the open positions. I just take my account value at end of Friday and calculate it. So, it also includes commissions which do matter a lot to a small account like mine.

Which other blog reports results after commissions? :)

Have a nice weekend!

2 comments: