Saturday, January 23, 2010

Jan 18 - Jan 22 completed trades






 Its tough to write this post. If you have read some posts from earlier this week and have ever been through something similar, you know why. I didn't feel like opening my trading account but this post had to be written. This whole week was nothing but one stupid mistake one after another. But I have to admit to all my mistakes and since I have started this blog, I have to admit them publicly. So, here they are....a display of my stupidity for your perusal.



1 profit, 6 losses - -8.11%

Average profit - + 6.8%
Average loss - - 2.48%

Total account up 0.311% YTD

Open Positions: NEP,  SBIB

But I am determined to not let the past week go waste. I am going to work hard to make this the most "profitable" week.  Look out for a post on the lessons learnt from this week sometime tomorrow.

BTW,  the picture above which I just added, in case you didn't get it, is of a phoenix rising from the ashes :)......Enough said!


Note:

1) The table shows only completed trades of the week. The positions that are still open will be accounted for in the week that I close them.
2) The YTD calculation includes the open positions. I just take my account value at end of Friday and calculate it. So, it also includes commissions which do matter a lot to a small account like mine.

Which other blog reports results after commissions? :)

No comments: